Sunday, March 13, 2011

Whispering amen

"Art is imagination at play in the fields of time." - Julia Cameron


So now the ice is broken, an iron curtain crossed: from private introspection, years of gathering resources - to a small, public sphere. Strength expands like a parachute. Glide down with it now, through the atmosphere, and then below, as a soul’s purpose deepens. Strange, I thought myself a private person; yet now, out here, exposed, I am more myself than I have ever been, with so much given, undeserved. Where to place this gratitude? My head spins. I am falling; I am found. Finally, I am beginning now, to be.


A purpose emerges: give words to the things that so often elude words. Catch the dust that falls between the details of a day, and watch it glow. Speak for things that are pointless, that are only games; remember that play is divine, dancing with us.


Live here, if nowhere else: in words, in strings of letters on a page. Continue as you have been: hovering somewhere outside of the space that the body occupies, between the exhaled breath and the atmosphere.


Photo provided by yiseol you on flickr under a Creative Commons license.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey! Lovely post, very poetic...keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words breathe life into ideas that would tend to remain opaque shadows without the courage to expose such heart...
    "Keep on keeping on ..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration dear Stacey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely lyrical lines here, with another evocative picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers that come from the core of our being are surely the most precious, they really do take the wings of the morning and rise. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post with us!

    ReplyDelete